– 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
– 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
– 2 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
At the beginning preheat the kitchen stove to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Delicately oil a medium preparing sheet. In one large bowl, mix the spinach, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, egg, onion and the Monterey Jack cheese. After you need to spread half of the mixture over each phyllo pastry sheet. Then roll pastry sheets jelly-roll fashion, pinch the ends to seal, and at the end arrange on the prepared baking sheet.Also you need to make a few small slits on the top of the rolled pastry sheets.Bake for about 40 minutes, until it gets golden brown.
For the preparations of the ingredients you will need about 20 minutes, for the cooking 40 minutes and of course your pie will be ready for about 1 hour.