– 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
– 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
– 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3/4 cup chopped onion
– 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 2 eggs
– 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
At the beginning cook the lasagna noodles in one large pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. After rinse with cold water, and drain. In one large saucepan, cook and stir the mushrooms, onion, green peppers and garlic in oil and stir into basil and pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer about 15 minutes.
Mix together 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta and eggs.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread one cup tomato sauce into the bottom of one greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, sauce, ricotta mix and Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layering, and top with the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes. But, let stand 15 minutes before serving.